Due to the nature of the project, we scheduled a number of workshops with stakeholders as well as held interviews with them to ensure we had a good grasp of the requirements. The sessions were very open, where we discussed the lives of traders, how they currently get their information, how the bank wanted to solve the pain points as well as understanding the competitors in the market. We also reviewed the project breif as well as scheduling some time with the end uers via their respective managers.
We were able to ask them questions, such as:
- What they wanted the app to do
- How the app could help traders
- What were their objectives
- How they would deem success
We were able to engage with a large variety of traders, some meetings were held at the traders location and some were held at our offices. We requested that the traders were able to give us 1 hour each, so that we can discuss with them:
- Their routines from the moment they woke up
- Their pains, what would they need to help them acheive their targers
- What apps they used and when
- What type of websites they visited
- What information they need and when
The traders life is very busy and stressful, this means that there is not much time in the day that they can sit and read articles, to find items of note for them to research as well as discuss the market and its changes with their clients.
We looked into the various website services available to the trader, such as Bloomberg, Reuters, Forbes and FT.com. These were sites that they visited on a regular basis to get latest market information.
As part of our research, we reached out to some independent traders to see what tools and websites they used, so that we could go away and analyse those sites and apps.
We also conducted numerious user research interviews, to gather information on:
- A lack of an app that gives traders all the research material relating to their trades.
- They needed a dashboard that summerises what has occured around the globe as trading markets opened
- FX index data at any given moment in time
- Any new emails that have come in that they should read before any meetings
We decided that we could create a ‘Morning Digest’ which gave them a summary of all the above on their dashboard, which they could tap on to gain the full details of that article/story.
Conceptualising and sketching